Saturday, October 24, 2015

CHAPTER 2: 'SPECIAL'

(Originally Published Thursday November 13, 2014)

Before I found out about and downloaded Comeback Season, my search for more Drake songs led me to a song I still hold dear to my heart to this day (not unlike many other Drake songs I adore). I first heard the song on the old Flow 93.5 back in the day and was excited beyond belief when I realized that it was the same dude whose song I had just been introduced to the week before—and on the radio no less! Now that Drake is all over the radio it seems silly to recall my excitement back then, but at that time, the recognition of his voice, his style – albeit a bit younger – was an accomplishment to me. I had been stuck on Don’t U have a Man since adding it to my playlist and had not yet invested the time to find more Drake songs. That, of course, changed that moment, and when I got home later that evening, I was on a search to find the song I had heard on the radio.
            Not only was I amped to find the song to see if I was right about it being Drake, I also felt the song added a ray of genuine sunshine to a day that was already bright. It felt like a continuous smile on a dimpled face and I hoped for the opportunity to hear it a second time to see if it really held this luminosity.
            Lo and behold, it did. And I’ve been smitten by the song ever since. I feel like it comes from a place of sincere quality and the embellishment of the hook only adds to that sentiment. It describes a truth I think we all share and absolutely solidified my reasons for finding more of what this new artist had to offer.
            The song was “Special” featuring Voyce (who, by the way, has a really nice voice), and there couldn’t have been a better song title to foreshadow what Drake would later become to me, as well as the rest of the world.




DRAKE - SPECIAL (FT. VOYCE)



What Drake song is most “special” to you?



Chapter 2: Special. Written By: Jae Antoinette


AFFION:

Okay, it’s time I admitted it: This girl is really starting to grow on me. I was doing a pretty good job of denying it to myself before, but I know it won’t be much longer until I fall head-first into something so deep it has the potential drown me …
I want to say I don’t know what it is about her that’s got me trippin’ lately, but I do: She’s different. And as corny as that sounds, it’s true. I don’t know anyone as down-to-earth as she as; as confident; as sexy. She’ll wink at me from across the room and my dick is instantly vertical. She’ll rub my head after we orgasm and I swear I could just melt there in that moment, staying inside of her forever.
It isn’t all about the sex, though; she really just makes me feel better. She laughs at my jokes, she’ll shit talk when we play video games, and she always encourages me to go for the things I want: She’s special, man, and I don’t know why she chooses to mess around, but it’s her prerogative. And I’m sure that even if dude did find out, he wouldn’t let her go because girls are not made like this one anymore.
I can’t even imagine what he must get being her man! I’m only a side-dude, and if she gives me this kind of loving, her dude at home might even be oblivious! But I don’t want to think about that; I don’t need to. When she’s here with me, that’s all that matters, and I don’t want to have to call her again to find out when that will be, but at this rate I might have to ‘cause I haven’t heard from her in a couple days and I think I’m starting to miss her …


TO BE CONTINUED …      




A "SPECIAL" Bonus:

Extra Special by: Jae Antoinette

You have to be special—distinctive, to boot.
Spontaneous. Precocious. Eclectic. And Cute.
Intrinsic. Alluring. But Loyal as well,
And if in that order, the word it will spell.
You have to be caring, and ready to please:
A blanket, a pillow, a cloth when I sneeze.
A cup when I’m thirsty, a drink for my glass,
A lifetime of magic is all that I ask.
You’ll need to be daring, and call out my name,
So that, when I hear you, I'll know you'll be game.
You’ll need to be all that I’ve wanted and more,
I think all besides that would be quite a bore.
I want you to tame me and all in one glance,
And twirl me, not spin me, if ever we dance.
And when I get lonely, I’ll want you quite close,
So that we can talk ‘til we’re both comatose.
I’ll want you to be there at times when it’s rough,
To show me, then tell me, I’m more than enough.
It’s then you will see me for all that I am;
I could be that girl, if you’d be that man.



DRAKE - EXTRA SPECIAL (SPECIAL REMIX)


No comments:

Post a Comment