Saturday, October 24, 2015

CHAPTER 42: 'FANCY'

(Originally Posted Tuesday April 14, 2015)

Drake has been looking mighty sad lately and it’s starting to make me wonder what’s really going on …
            That may be a weird statement to make, but it’s the truth and an unfortunate one at that because even if there was, there is nothing I can really do about it. I don’t Google or search Drake enough to know details about his personal life, but I do know that almost every picture I’ve seen of him (via Twitter) as of late is not a happy one. There is a sadness in his eyes that lingers despite the situation and I wonder what it is that’s got him so down.
            Sometimes it’s painful to see. You’d think a guy on top of the world with the rap-game in the palm of his hands would have a little more life in him, a little more celebration; and yet—something is missing.
I can probably guess what it is, though my intention would never be to make Drake seem soft or desperate because that is hardly the case, but I honestly feel Drake’s truest problem has always been Love, and maybe he just needs a ride-or-die right now, you know? Someone to mesh with. Drake has always been about Love at his core, and though he has gained the world in terms of power and possessions, I feel like his quality of life is yet to be perfected by the love of a spiritually enriched woman. I’m not saying that Drake has never dated or been with any good women, but I think it’s time he found The One: someone to sit courtside with; someone to come home to; someone to tell him how great he is. Love is vital to the fulfillment of all human beings, whether it be romantic love, self-love or the love of those who care for you - but it is necessary. I’m sure Drake is not short on people who care for him, but finding and receiving the love of your life is a sparkle that adds to the finesse of existence! Knowing someone gets you completely and loves you despite what could be perceived as your flaws is a saviour to a lost soul, and though Drake may not be “lost,” he definitely looks a little “forlorn.”  
            Tonight’s feature song is “Fancy,” and the one thing I have to point out about this song is how much more I love the second part of it compared to the first. The bliss begins around the 2:44 mark when the sound switches up with what I call ‘The Glass Shower-Stall Echo Effect.” Suddenly the song sounds submerged in an enclave of echoing space and it brings a whole new depth to the music. These types of effects are often found on 40’s beats—which is one of the main reasons I like his work. It’s authentic, and I’ve come to appreciate certain sounds and techniques used in other types of music because of it.
            Another thing I think it’s fair to share is that I’ve been leaning towards bringing the ‘Starting From The Bottom Chronicles’ to a close on my birthday this year: Tuesday April 21st. I only have a few more songs to cover from Thank Me Later and I’m feeling like I’m in a perfect position to end things on a positive note in regards to both my journey with Drake’s music and where I am in the concurrent chapters of the SFTB story. I’ve started from Room For Improvement and have invested over 40 chapters of featured Drake songs that I will forever hold near and dear to my heart, so I think it’s time to take a bow ... Prepare to countdown!


"T.O. GIRLS!!! LEMME SEE YA HANDS!!!"


DRAKE - FANCY 
(FT. TI & SWIZZ BEATS)



Chapter 42: Fancy. Written By: Jae Antoinette


KENDRA:


I was almost at a loss when I saw Affion stand to greet me and pull out my chair. All I could think was, "What a gentleman!" I’d always known Affion to be kind of mushy, but the sentiment I was feeling from all of his hard work was charming and extremely brand new. He treated me to an expensive bottle of wine and it tickled my fancy so much that I found myself opening up to him about everything I had felt between us and everything that happened afterward. I dished on my encounters with Daunte, my depression thereafter, and told Affion that he was the last person I had ever expected to hear from again. He looked intrigued. At one point, I started to feel like I had shared too much, but Affion, ever-present and always listening, showed me I had nothing to fear. He could see my side, as warped as it was, and like in my dream, let me know I could always fix it. We did a “cheers” over that and then it was Affion’s turn to explain his side of things as honestly as could be expected of him, and we were silent awhile after that. I expressed my feelings towards him during specific intervals and he returned his for me over the same period and we found we could truly see where the other was coming from. We ended the night full-bellied and tipsy, and as much as I couldn’t stop thinking about going back to his place or mine, I let him walk me to a taxi and left the situation like a lady—something I hadn’t done in a long time.
            It all felt so good. At one point I told Affion how much being together like that reminded of how far we’d come since trying to be and play it cool all that time before—the way our ego’s have taken heed to the truth in our hearts—and I pondered what would become of us now, but with three easy words Affion made that quite clear …



TO BE CONTINUED …

No comments:

Post a Comment