Saturday, October 24, 2015

CHAPTER 40: 'FIND YOUR LOVE'

(Originally Posted Friday April 3, 2015)

The philosophy of “Know Yourself” is such a pungent concept. That isn’t the song I’ll be featuring tonight, but it’s been a reoccurring topic in and around my life more and more, and I think it’s something worth paying more attention to.
            I recently moved out of a basement apartment I was sharing with my ex into a ground-level apartment I now have on my own and it’s been the basis of my mindset since the change. I got myself into a pretty rough situation with some pretty rough conditions that I’d prefer not to repeat as long as I am coherent, and the topic of ‘knowing yourself’ and ‘trusting yourself’ have continued to push me to blossom under what started as a very hard journey.
            It’s important that people go inward; important for you, important for me and important to anyone else you come in contact with. Being your happiest you is the greatest gift you can give yourself or another person and if that is not the greatest way to live your life, I don’t know what is. I’m finding that the more I can come into me, the more freedom I feel in myself, allowing me to be my best. My best me is not always perfect, but she is honest and forgiving and understanding when she needs to be. She is open and committed and willing when necessary, and courageous and flowing and real all the time. She is everything I could’ve asked for with enough expression to soar higher and move further than she ever thought she could. And it’s liberating! I don’t know if everyone who knows, loves and trusts themselves automatically show that to others, but I have to believe it must because love speaks positive things and only happy people receive that. My logic may be a bit off, but that is me in a nutshell.
            Tonight’s post, anyhow, is a motto I will willingly force-feed anyone and everyone I come into contact with. When this song first came out I didn’t really like the way it sounded. There was a very big commotion over the video release (I think because it was filmed in Jamaica and featured Jamaica’s Gully God, Mavado, which gets big respectability) and it was being played everywhere, all the time, but I only started to like the song 2-minutes in during the second chorus. From there, the song takes off for me and becomes something I suddenly feel as if I bumping it the entire time. Suddenly it’s this song that’s grown on me and wooed me over with its sincerity. I’m singing along with it like it’s all I have and I don’t know why. But I do. It’s because it’s true. And you can only ignore the truth for so long, no matter how it sounds.
            Tonight’s feature song is “Find Your Love,” and I dare each and every individual who gets the opportunity to read this tonight to do everything in their power to look inward and find theirs because it truly makes all the difference.   




DRAKE - FIND YOUR LOVE





Chapter 40: Find Your Love.  / Written By: Jae Antoinette



KENDRA:


I am completely discombobulated by what is going on right now; right here; today, in my house. I have been thrown for a frooty loop and my head is completely spinning!
            No this n@#$%! didn’t!
I must have imagined things when I went to answer my door and found a regular looking postman standing outside with a bouquet of what must’ve been at least two-dozen white roses.
Two-dozen white roses?? Confusion was my only response.
I opened the door to have this fresh and flawlessly-beautiful bouquet shoved in my face as the postman says my name. I nodded, in a daze, and he proceeded to ask me on a date in a four-lined poem he handed to me on a piece of paper.
The postman is asking me on a date?
I inquired this unnoticeably but caught a glimpse of the name of the piece of paper and quickly knew better of it. The postman tipped his hat, disappeared down the hallway, and I closed my door as quickly as I could.
Wtf?
What is going on??
I sat there motionless for almost an hour before my doorbell rang again and this time another postman made himself known with another crazy bouquet of baby-blue roses. Those Exist? I was dumbfounded.
What the f@$%! is going on??
I thought that would be the end of it but the roses kept coming, hour after hour, until I had almost seven bouquets beautifying my apartment—and then it stopped. It stopped to the point that I was waiting and still nothing. Nothing happened. I looked down the hall, to my left and right, to see if perhaps a postman had stopped at the wrong door. But, C’est ne pas. Mister Postman was gone with no sight of return.
            Then, when I was thinking of how I should respond to the date request, my doorbell rang and I couldn’t have been more ecstatic! Here was my seventh bouquet! What colour would it be now? And where would I put it? Just to find out there was no bouquet but a single red rose with a note on its stem. I thanked the postman kindly and turned to my note as quickly as I could. What I read stopped my heart ad I felt like I could die:



YOUR                   LOVE
I Find Your Love in Everything I Do
I Find Your Love in Everything I Dream
I Find Your Love in Everything I Am
Find My Love and Yours I’ll Be
(If You Want Me)

Yours Truly,
 Affion



I didn’t know what to do. Could Affion be serious? The first note had a date, a place and a time; did he want me to meet him? I couldn’t be sure, but I found the mystery involved to be very exciting …



TO BE CONTINUED …

No comments:

Post a Comment