Saturday, October 24, 2015

CHAPTER 35: 'FIREWORKS'

 (Originally Posted Tuesday March 17, 2015)

Anyone who knows me knows I’m very into dreams and dream interpretation. As a youngster, I always had very vivid dreams and I've always felt that dreaming was something special. Sometimes I felt they were intuitive insights into the future, and other times that it was your spirit travelling as you slept. As an adult I've come to learn that though they can certainly be a mixture of the first two, they are – more importantly, and realistically – they are subconscious insights into our collective and individual psyches.
            I love looking into and interpreting dreams—both mine and others. I look at dreams as a very special gateway to the soul, and so, when I heard the song “Fireworks” it took on a very special role in my imagination.
            My favourite website for Dream Interpretation is Dreammoods.com. I feel that, more often then not they are correct and  very good at getting to the inner meaning of a symbol. Sometimes, though, a dream is individual, and though a website or a book will say it means one thing, in your own heart and mind you know it means another, your meaning is usually the correct one. If a symbol is lost on you and you don’t know what to make of it, you’ll usually know what the true interpretation is once you read it, and if this doesn’t happen, you’re either not looking at the right material or have to look within for it's ultimate meaning. 
            According to Dreammoods.com, fireworks symbolize “enthusiasm, creativity, and talent. It may also indicate that you are showing off and making a spectacle of yourself. Alternatively, fireworks represents release of some pent up or repressed feelings.” And when I looked up “firecrackers” as a close relation, it said “To see a firecracker in your dream represents your outbursts. Your anger is being misdirected. To light a firecracker in your dream suggests that you are trying to divert the negativity and bad karma away from you. You have a fresh new outlook on life.” I feel both of these interpretations fit very well with 1) what we know of Drake as a rapper, and 2) what he is saying in the song:

Truth over fame/you know I respect the blatant sh**/
when I hear ‘em talking I just don’t know what to make of it/
hate is so familiar to me, I’m slowly embracing it/
doesn’t come natural, bear with me, it could take a bit”

“All and all I learned a lesson from it, though/
you never see it coming you just get to see it go”
  
“That’s why I’m really going off—fireworks”

All three lines allude to the symbol of ‘Firecrackers’ in a dream, and the meaning behind ‘Fireworks’ seems self-explanatory to Drake's persona. Whether Drake was really 'dreaming' of fireworks or not, or perhaps just using the expression as a metaphor, one may never know, but I love and appreciate that sense of wonder it naturally evokes ... in the same kind of way fireworks do. 



DRAKE - FIREWORKS (FT. ALICIA KEYS)          
           
           


 Chapter 35: Fireworks. Written by: Jae Antoinette


KENDRA:

Last night I had a dream. I dreamt of fireworks and explosions, within and all around me, and, suddenly, Affion was there on my right. He was an affectionate companion grabbing at my waist and tickling, and though I tried to pay him no mind, he continued to follow me, seeking out my attentions until I had nowhere to go.
            We walked through a maze of hallways, passing by those we knew and, in turn, knew not, until we reached a gymnasium where he eagerly opened a door for me. I was never a fan of PE, but I felt delighted at having some real alone time with him where we would have the opportunity to get to know each other like we hadn’t before. And it was everything.
            I told him of my short-comings, my weaknesses, expressed to him my doubts, and as I was looking for a basketball firm enough to play with, Affion encouraged me, reassured me and told me I could be myself. He made it clear that knowing me was his only priority, and that gave me the strength to tell him what I was good at, what I could do, and how he could utilize my strengths in the game. This made us smile and an enthusiastic and highly-charged mock-game of basketball ensued, where we laughed more then we played properly and broke more rules than actually existed.
It was fun. It was honest. It was everything I’ve ever wanted with another person and it broke my heart when I woke up to realized it wasn’t the truth. Just another dream.
I’ve been so lost since this whole ordeal and I’m worried I’ll never find my way out. Anger and disappointment in myself have caused me to become a recluse and I don’t know how or if I’ll ever be able to feel confident in myself again.
I have to admit, Affion and I had a good thing going at one point, but it couldn't be anything but tainted from the get-go because it was all built on tricks and deceit. My sneaky, unfaithful behaviour and his going along with it knowing I was already involved ruined it for the both of us, so it could only last so long. I know that now. But even so, dreams like this make me wonder what could be, and, if not a direct truth, what they actually mean …



TO BE CONTINUED …



Another Bonus? Why Not ...

ALICIA KEYS - UN-THINKABLE (I'M READY) (FT. DRAKE)      

No comments:

Post a Comment