Saturday, October 24, 2015

CHAPTER 17: 'MONEY TO BLOW'

(Originally Published Monday January 5, 2015)

This next joint I’m about to recap is one I remember being very excited about the day I heard it bumping down the street through someone’s car window. I was used to being the only person I knew who consistently bumped Drake, so when I started to hear him on the street or from other people’s headphones, nothing could stop my excitement. I even put one of my American friends from Cincinnati, Ohio on to Drake, I was so enthused! He calls Canada “The Frozen Tundra” (even though our weather is pretty much the same…) and was very skeptical of some random, Canadian rapper he’d never heard of before. But, after hearing what Drake had to offer, my friend had no problem giving him his ‘kudos’ and even tipped his hat to me once Drake started to blow up in the U-S-of-A.
              There was no denying that Drake was an artist you wanted to listen to and the song “Money To Blow” first featuring JFK and then Birdman and Weezy had a definite part in all that. I remember not seeing Birdman for awhile – although he was frequently referred to in a lot of Lil Wayne’s songs  and I think to see him pop up again in a new video alongside Drake gave Drake a little added respect from those who respected Birdman—not to mention the notice he naturally garnished from collaborating with Weezy—so the song was a hit! And, though, maybe not as metaphorically amped as our ‘feature tie-in song’ at the end of today’s post, Money To Blow was a definite banger and a grand inspiration for many a YouTube parody as well. 
    

DRAKE - MONEY TO BLOW (w. BIRDMAN & LIL WAYNE
(Couldn't find the version ft JFK, just an awkward chopped and screwed version...
WOMP WOMP!)         



Chapter 17: Money To Blow. Written By: Jae Antoinette.


AFFION:

At the club, lighting it up with my hombres, when who do I noticed come in on the other side of my booth but Kendra’s ‘Mr. Strong-and-Silent’ with a group of his friends!
At first he doesn’t notice me, but slowly as the night wears on I catch him looking right back at me like he couldn’t be bothered or something! Sure, we’ve been ordering bottles every time they’ve been ordering bottles, but I got friends with money and enough money to blow that I can afford that life! This dude only ordered one bottle—and that was even before the big ones started to come out! What a chump! A dude like that can’t really compete with me! We’ve had this whole club ablaze the way that we pop bottles, and this guy is sitting there trying to act like he knows what we’re about; like he knows anything about me! He may think he knows but he doesn’t really want to know because then we’d really have problems! Instead, I let this sucker feel how he feels without him really knowing how he should feel and I proceed to party with the fellahs with all eyes on us! I try to keep it kosher ‘cause I’d hate to have a n***a step to me just to find out I fucked his girl …
So now I’m minding my own business and chatting up some little filly that caught both my eyes’ attention. I’m whispering drunken slurs all up in her ears, hoping she press that tight ol’ booty against yours truly to let me know whether it can be on and popping for tonight. I needed a guy’s night out with the way that Kendra’s been all up on me lately, and now I just might pull a chick to let me know what’s going down in the bathroom. This girl I’m talking to got some big, brown eyes and a big ol’ pair of lips that look like they know their way around town, so it only makes sense that she be my muse for the night. What starts in a bathroom could end at my place, and I wouldn’t hate on the theory because I bagged Kendra the same way and look how much that girl loves me now …    


TO BE CONTINUED ...      


MONDAY BONUS TIE-IN:          
DRAKE - FRIENDS WITH MONEY           

No comments:

Post a Comment