Saturday, October 24, 2015

CHAPTER 6: 'GIVE YA'

(Originally Published Thursday November 27, 2014)

One of my favourite tracks from off of Comeback Season is another song Drake made featuring Trey “Trigga” Songz with a futuristic Hip-Hop beat produced by Terral “T-Slack” called, “Give Ya”. I used to turn off all of the lights wherever I was in the house and just vibe out to this song—usually with my tall, sparkle-filled lava-lamp glowing like a fluorescent blue phantom in the background. I loved the mood of the song (which is mainly due to the beat being fantastic), but I also liked Drake’s verbal presence as soon as he starts to rap. He always comes off as very bold and ready-for-action, and, to me, lines like, “And I ain’t try’na get to know nobody but you …” or “Usually the things I desire I always apprehend …,” and “I gave up a lot, to make it progress/I give it to you, and you take it the best” showed a confidence, an openness, and a self-awareness that made me pay attention.
One of the things I love about music is its way of allowing a person to see within the soul of an artist, and I liked what I saw whenever I listened to Drake's music.


DRAKE & TREY SONGZ - GIVE YA            



 Chapter 6: Give Ya. / Written By: Jae Antoinette


 AFFION:

She showed up on my doorstep wearing nothing but a trench coat … I was so shocked; I almost couldn’t believe it! I wanted to slam the door in her face just to show her she couldn’t tempt me with a long jacket and some nudity, but I was drooling before I could excrete a coherent thought, let alone a sentence. My inherent male eyes took a moment to scan her silky, smooth body, and my only desire was to get her inside so I could find out how wet she was … and it was a storm that night.
            I pulled her in close, her bare nipples poking into the skin on my chest, and I exhaled a breath of fire I knew would melt her to her core. I wanted her to drip for me, to regret any decision she ever made to leave me out in the cold—and I wanted to do it in a way she’d never forget.
            She brought a bag of goodies with her: it looked like handcuffs, some candles, some whipped cream and lube; but I tossed that shit aside and got ready to feast on this woman I’d hoped would come back to me, and I was ready to do it with relish. Never again would she take for granted what she had gotten so easy, and I’d make sure that the thought of a repeat would be the last thing on earth she’d ever want to do.
            Holding her against the wall, I traced my fingers seductively around her pubic bone, and as my lips found the weak spot between her collarbone and neck, I knew that what I was about to give her was more than she was prepared to get …


                                                      
                                   TO BE CONTINUED …




A #throwbackthursday Tie-in Bonus:

Drake - Bad Meaning Good 
(Ft. Slakah the Beatchild)

            
ENJOY!  

No comments:

Post a Comment