Saturday, October 24, 2015

CHAPTER 30: 'LET'S CALL IT OFF'

(Originally Posted Friday February 28, 2015)

Being that So Far Gone was such a multifaceted mixtape, it's no surprise a song like this next one made an unexpected appearance. The mixtape - that should pretty much be called an album by now - offered something original, and tonight's feature, “Let’s Call It Off,” is precisely that type of song—then again, precisely that type of sound. It is Empire of The Sun meets Travie McCoy with a hint of Kanye and Kid Cudi drowned in a huge bowl of Drake, and it instantly became my one of my favourites because of that distinction. Coming from a half-British background, I found it to carry a very Mod sound and feel, and I liked how well it all came together. It was different and it worked, and it became another track that boosted So Far Gone’s desirability in making it a huge success.



DRAKE - LET'S CALL IT OFF



Chapter 30: Let’s Call It Off. Written By: Jae Antoinette


BRIA:

I tried to tell the boy to leave me alone, but he trippin’. Comes in here every night waiting for me to dance … it’s sweet, but it’s creepy and it’s becoming too much. I have a boyfriend now, who likes to come in while I’m working, and he’s gunna flip-a-lid if he notices this cat in here watching me all the time. Shoot, I could just say ‘let’s call it off’ and be done with it, but he’s been looking real cute and tips me so well I can’t find the words to tell him. I thought I’d try: “You gotta start seein’ another dancer, boo,” but I can already tell he ain't try'na leave. My man could threaten him right now and unless he put hands on ‘im I don’t see homeboy walkin’ away … Not from Bria and the magical interlude he's swept up in. But I gotta get him out. Or at least get his visits to be less frequent. I’m not saying a man can’t pay to see me because that is what I do, but I don’t need my man thinking I’ve got something going on with this guy. It might seem like something’s poppin' between us, but really we just on the same vibe …


TO BE CONTINUED …




**Bonus Tracks**


DRAKE- UNSTOPPABLE 
(FT. SANTO GOLD & LIL WAYNE)



DRAKE - LITTLE BIT 
(FT. LYKKE LI)

No comments:

Post a Comment