Saturday, October 24, 2015

CHAPTER 44: 'THANK ME NOW'

(Originally posted Tuesday April 21, 2015)

Tonight’s post is the LAST in the ‘Starting From The Bottom’ chronicles and I have officially turned 28! I was born exactly 28 years ago on this day and I appreciate every day that has brought me to where I am now! I have a few gray hairs I’m proud to say I own now and my dreads are 10 years longer than I ever thought they would be, but I feel superb! I feel grateful! And I am now that much closer to embracing the day I turn Big 3-0! J
            There are two songs I want to post today: One because it was the closing song on Thank Me later, which fits the mood of tonight’s post; and the second because it was a song I continually wanted to post but never got the chance to. Writing the chapters for each song title was very spontaneous, and though I had somewhat of a mental depiction of how things could go, events would always pop up or down - depending on the direction - and the story would take its own turn that I would later piece together. The first song on tonight’s roster is “Thank Me Now” from Thank Me Later and the second is “The Winner” from off of the Heartbreak Drake 2 compilation mixtape. This mixtape also included my all-time favourite Drake song “Do It Now” and now, as I include “The Winner” to this SFTB post, I have officially covered every Drake song that made me a fan in the first place.
             I can’t say it was an easy journey, expressing all of my personal thoughts on a person I only know through music, but I’ve done it and now I’m ready to live with it. Drake has been the quintessential male for me for the last six years, and - at this point - I'm sure that will forever be the case until I get to meet the man himself. However long that takes. The quality in and behind both his words and his music have been monumental to me, and Starting From The Bottom was my way of paying homage to that profound phase of my life (which included a lot more songs, to be honest) and I'm grateful for everything I got to re-experience through it, outside and in, and though Drake is now a million miles from where he first started, his journey has been a blessed one to watch flourish, and I'm sure it will only continue to do so in the future.

To everyone who stuck with SFTB since the first post, as well as those who enjoyed it sporadically along the way, thank you for taking the ride with me and be sure to look out for more from yours truly!

 - Jae Antoinette! 



DRAKE - THANK ME NOW





Chapter 44: Thank Me Now. / Written By: Jae Antoinette



RUPERT:


Bria’s been on her P’s & Q’s lately, and I can’t say I’m mad. Things run smoothly when a shorty know how to stay in her place, and we’ve been getting along great because of it. I can tell she wasn't down for it before, but she will one day thank me, now that we've found common ground. I still watch most of her shows on the nights I don’t have to work, but I don't want to lie--another dancer has been catching my eye as of late. Her name is Cecelia and her interlude isn’t even all that compared to Bria’s, but she’s got some live music that often has me acting like its karaoke in the back. I can be a serious dude, but I also know how to get down. Bria likes to wiggle past me every so often and we’ll usually exchange a little groove; but Cece’s got a body that makes me weak whenever she starts to twerk it. Her moves are a little sloppy and sometimes I feel like she’s trying too hard, but her hip rotation gets my dick hard every time and then my focus is to try and fight it off for the rest of the night.
            Women: The greatest gift and curse a man could ever have. I can’t say I’d ever do anything with another woman while with Bria, but for how much longer will I be able to watch this particular girl dance and ignore all of this pent up urge? I'm a one woman-man, but we've all got our secrets, don't we?


THE END ... ?




**Finale Bonus Track**

DRAKE - THE WINNER



TAKE CARE, EVERYBODY!
AND IF YOU HAVEN’T YET, FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM!

@missjaeantoinette

No comments:

Post a Comment