Saturday, October 24, 2015

CHAPTER 25: 'LUST FOR LIFE'

(Originally Posted Tuesday February 10, 2015)

Following the ebb and flow of our previous two songs, the next song I’m going to feature from off of So Far Gone is “Lust For Life,” and because it basically sounds like a mash-up of “Houstatlantavegas” and “Successful,” I think it makes an appropriate successor.
           There’s not a lot I can think of to say about this song, but I do like how much the title is making me think of my own my own ‘lust for life.’ I think it’s easy to feel good when good things are happening, but as soon as that letter slips and the good becomes bad and ugly, we kind of forget why we’re here and lose sight of the positivity we just had. Some people are awesome and can bounce back quite easily knowing they aren’t defeated and have no choice but to start anew; but for those who start to question their choices, who beat up on themselves because of negative results, I feel like this song will tempt you to think again. “Lust” in a positive connotation means “ardent enthusiasm; to take pleasure or delight in” and I feel that is very important in life; not specifically that a person should always be happy, but that a person should always find the happiness in things or situations—even the bad ones; and especially the sadder ones. It might seem like a hard thing to do, but pain only lasts for a moment in time and then it keeps going. Life keeps moving and as long as you’re alive you automatically move with it: All you have to do is just let yourself. Yes, keep your eyes on the prize – because there will be prizes – but more than that experience your experience, knowing that it is a part of life, an ongoing movement, and that just as most of our universe and its parts are formed in circles, so to will you find your way back to a happy space. Rough times are necessary to build character and awareness, but it also brings “Appreciation” and that, to me, is the most magnificent gift a person can give themselves and others. Have a “lust” for everything good and bad life can and will give you because, like Yeezy says, “that, that don’t kill [you], will only make [you] stronger …”



DRAKE - LUST FOR LIFE
           


Chapter 25: Lust For Life. Written By: Jae Antoinette


DAUNTE:

I decided to drive over to Arizona by myself and stay for an extra week or two to have some alone time before I get back to work. It’s been a while since I’ve went on vacation and I figure the best way to unwind after an over-the-top road trip is to stay somewhere beautiful and just enjoy the peace and quiet. It’s been another minute since I’ve spent real time alone, and since Kendra has gotten a cease and desist order from her conscience, her calls have suddenly stopped so I feel like now is a good time.
             I rented a car and drove over to the Grand Canyon and almost shit myself when I took in how huge it was. It was awesome and frightening, but it also awoke something inside of me that reminded me of little I really am and how little I’ve really seen. I’ve been so caught up in my living my everyday life that I haven’t really done anything with my life besides what everybody thinks they should do: Go to school, get a job, find a woman and settle down … I’m almost thirty years old and I’ve barely travelled or met people … I’ve been in a dome of my own making and I finally want out! I’ve cracked the parameters a little bit, but this trip has opened something in me that wants to taste another side of life and see what that’s all about. I don’t really know where I’ll go from here or what I’ll do next, but I’m feeling like a little lust for life - for once - is not an impossible thing to have …



TO BE CONTINUED …

No comments:

Post a Comment